Ok, so we decided to go up the mountain and have hot dogs and make smores with the "Other Maloys", Mark, Angela and Jacklyn. We also took the computer and watched a movie. While making smores Angela was walking back to sit down to roast a marshmallow and let out a scream. We got the flashlight and there was this tarantula. It was so large it could have eaten us whole. I mean like 10 feet big. Ok really, the body was like 3 inches from butt to head and then when you factor the legs in, it would have been about 6 or 7 inches, the largest i have EVER seen even in museums. So here is a photo of the creature and i hope you can see it as clear as we did.
Mike and I decided to spend the night, so we set up camp in the back of the truck, blew up the mattress and by 2:00am we were on our way back home again. The mattress kept deflating on us. So we got about 4 hrs sleep. Rather deflated and depressing.




5 comments:
that is so disgusting. I would have freaked out. I hate spiders, you're good sports I would have slept in the car too but only to get away from the spiders!!
That's a pretty big (and disgusting) spider! I hate spiders so it really creeped me out!!! I'm still a little creeped out, and probably will continue to be creeped out until I see something else that is really creepy! (shiver)
You should have put it in your hand and then taken the picture so we could have really gotten the vision of how big it really was!!! Next time, ok? I really hate spiders, so I would have freaked out thinking there were others around, because you know what they say, "when you find one, there is probably another lurking around close by!" Eeek!!!
Yeah..I would have started crying. That thing is NASTY!!! I absolutely hate spiders, and that one isn't on that you could have just stepped on...Though, it would be cool to try...
How scary!!! I wouldn't sleep unless I was in a truck because I would have to many dreams of spiders crawling on me. That stinks about the mattress, I think they all do that eventually. :( How fun though to get out of town!!!
Julia and Family
Post a Comment